1 November 2010

Sweetwater-Forum painting swap miniature


Some members of Steve Dean´s forum painted some figures for each other, and I stole the idea for the german Sweetwater-Forum. The funny part is that you recieve a miniature, and the only advice is it has to be 28mm. So I was suprised when this grim looking Landsknecht found his way to my home. I don´t know the manufacturer but he was definatly a joy to paint and I hadn´t done anything simillar until now. For those who like to see the other results

The Goth riders are done, I painted kthem over the last week. Now I have to paint their horses..and I hate painting horses, don´t know why.

6 comments:

  1. Well,then make a complete infantry army and no need to paint horses!:-)
    Seriously though,looking forward to seeing the completed project.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you´re right. The problem is: I like cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The model is a games workshop Ostlander with double rifle from their mordheim range. Great paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice figure. Mordheim stuff is some of GW's best output ever.

    Regarding the cavalry: If you want less pain with horses, you could use the existing ones as Early Frankish. In this list you can get away with one base of 4 to 5 riders; the rest is all about footsloggers. And there are a lot of freaky haircuts in this army as well. ;-)

    Cheers
    SG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great result! What an interesting miniature. That facial expression is... Well, let's say, I wouldn't like to bump into him after dark.

    I know what you mean about horses. I've managed to avoid them all my life. :) Yup, not a single one.

    ReplyDelete